COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
The Business Licence Offices are currently closed for in-person visits. Use email, mail, or online services (if available):
- Submit your business licence application by mail or email
- Renew your business licence online
- Customers enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note Processing times are currently delayed. We will contact you with questions or next steps once we have processed your request.
Where you can and cannot have a short-term rental:
- Your principal residence, which is the home where you live
- Secondary homes or basements suites if the operator lives there full-time
- In accessory buildings (like a garage or art studio) or in Rental 100 buildings
- Homes that pay the Empty Homes Tax (The tax applies to homes that aren't the owner’s principal residence, or that aren't rented long-term.)
Renew your licence
Ensure you renew your existing short-term business licence for 2021 and update all your online listings with your new licence number.
The 2021 licence fee is $99. A fee of $40 will be added to late renewals (this applies to all business licences).
To renew, you will need your account number listed on your renewal notice (distributed in the middle of November).
Note All short-term rental operators in Vancouver must have a business licence and include their licence number in all online listings and advertising, or they may be subject to fines up to $1,000 per offence.
Have more questions?
Contact the business licence offices
Location to update licence information:
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
PO Box 7878
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2