COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update
The Business Licence Offices are currently closed for in-person visits. Use email, mail, or online services (if available):
- Submit your business licence application by mail or email
- Renew your business licence online
- Customers enquiries, email email@example.com
Note Processing times are currently delayed. We will contact you with questions or next steps once we have processed your request.
A bed and breakfast (B&B) is a temporary accommodation in a home that includes breakfast. To run a B&B in your home, you need a rental property business licence.
Before you apply for a licence
- Your address needs to be in zone that allows for bed and breakfasts. To check, phone the Development and Building Services Centre at 604-873-7611.
- Your home needs to meet the safety requirements in our bed and breakfast accommodation guidelines PDF file (80 KB). To meet the requirements, apply for a building permit.
Steps to getting a bed and breakfast licence
Contact the business licence offices
Location to update licence information:
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
PO Box 7878
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2