Kitsilano Rink – located near West Broadway and Macdonald St – is part of the Kitsilano War Memorial Community Centre.
The ice rink is open from September to March with skating programs and skate lessons for all ages and abilities. You can rent skates during public skate and lesson times.
From April to August, we remove the ice for dry-floor activities such as ball hockey, in-line hockey, trade shows, and special events.
Kitsilano Rink amenities
- Ice surface: 200 feet x 85 feet (NHL size)
- Seating: 100
- Ice available : September to March
- Dry floor available: April to August
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchairs are welcome during public skating sessions. Participants must wear helmets. The person pushing the wheelchair must wear skates.
- Leisure Access Program (LAP)
Helmet policy for skating activities
Anyone participating in skating classes, lessons, and programs must wear a CSA-certified hockey or snowboard helmet. You are also encouraged to wear a helmet at public skate times. Rinks have a limited number of helmets free-of-charge to registered program participants. Cycling helmets are not permitted.
Receive a discount when you buy a helmet
Bring your current Park Board skate lesson registration receipt to these retailers to receive:
- 15% off CSA-certified helmets at Cyclone Taylor Sports in Vancouver
- 20% off a CSA-certified Bauer 2100 helmet at Scoff's Hockey Shop in Burnaby
Find out more about our community centre
The Kitsilano Community Centre is located at 2690 Larch St, Vancouver, BC. 604-257-6976. Amenities include a dance studio, fitness centre, ice rink, gym, seniors lounge, teen/youth centre, and playground.