Park Rangers are the front-line ambassadors in parks and public spaces. They support a broad range of events and activities, and assist with issues such as:
- Providing visitor information and wayfinding
- Educating the public about park regulations such as the smoking, dogs on leash, and cycling bylaws
- Enforcing the Park Board By-laws
- Supporting permitted events and filming
- Working with Vancouver Police, Vancouver Fire and Rescue Service, BC Ambulance, and other departments and agencies on issues found in parks
- Dealing with homelessness as it impacts parks, and connecting individuals with support services
- Responding to park concerns reported through 3-1-1 and VanConnect services
Park Rangers patrol parks and beaches throughout Vancouver. A seasonal ranger station is located at Second Beach, next to the concession.
Important information Park rangers are not police. Call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency that requires police, fire, or ambulance.
Picnics are a great way to enjoy parks. Reserve one of our designated picnic sites.
Visit one of the stunning parks, gardens, and beaches in Vancouver.
Learn some tips for keeping parks fire safe in any season.