Due to the coronavirus, we've temporarily closed the following dog parks:
- Stanley Park (old shuffle board court)
- Emery Barnes (fenced area)
- Sunset Beach
- Hinge Park (Southeast False Creek) (fenced area)
- Andy Livingstone (fenced area)
- Nelson Park (fenced area)
- Sunset Park (fenced area)
Dogs are welcome in all of Vancouver's parks and must be on leash unless they are in a designated dog off-leash area.
Dog etiquette in parks
You are responsible for the actions of your dog. You must:
- Pick up and dispose of your dog's waste
- Have a valid licence for your dog
Animal Control Bylaw enforcement takes place at all parks and beaches throughout the year. If you don't follow the bylaw, you may be fined between $250 and $2,000.
Red bins for dog waste
Place your dog waste in the red bins provided at select city parks.
Part of our dog waste collection pilot project.