The Vancouver Rent Bank (VRB) aims to increase housing stability by preventing evictions or the loss of essential utilities.
The Vancouver Rent Bank provides assistance to eligible families and individuals who meet low-income requirements and are at risk of eviction or essential utility disconnection due to a temporary shortage of funds.
- One-time interest-free loans to low-income people in temporary financial crisis
- Advocacy and referral services
The Vancouver Rent Bank is funded by the:
- City of Vancouver
- Streetohome Foundation
- Vancouver Foundation
Program partners have also agreed to support the initiative through expertise and other services.
- Vancity will provide micro-loans advice to help facilitate the approval process
- BC Hydro Power Smart kits will be provided to eligible clients to help reduce overall expenses and energy consumption
- UBC Department of Economics will help with data collection and analysis
- The Network of Inner City Community Services Society (NICCSS) will administer the Rent Bank
Contact the Vancouver Rent Bank
BC211's Redbook External website, opens in new tab is a complete online directory of programs and services in Vancouver for homeless and under-housed residents.