The Neighbourhood Cleanup Party and Adopt-A-Block Programs, including all scheduled cleanups, have been postponed due to COVID-19.
We'll update this page when the programs are reinstated and new cleanup event dates are confirmed.
Usually, you tidy before company comes. But when you host or join a Neighbourhood Cleanup Party, the cleaning is part of the fun!
Taking part in a Neighbourhood Cleanup Party is easy!
When you host or join a cleanup, we provide you with the tools you need to get the party started, including: garbage bags, gloves and other cleanup tools, and free pickup of litter collected.
Hosting in five easy steps
- Pick a date for your cleanup
- Invite guests to your cleanup party
- Gather your supplies
- Arrange for garbage removal
- Submit your post-cleanup report
By taking part in a Neighbourhood Cleanup Party, you will:
- Create a sense of community and purpose for friends, family, and colleagues in your neighbourhood
- Reduce pollution in storm water runoff that impacts our waterways
- Help neighbourhoods feel vibrant and safe
Year in review: 2019 cleanup party
Thank you to our partners and sponsors
Get involved with other City programs
Keep the neighbourhood block of your choice clean, safe, and attractive.
Help prevent flooding in your neighbourhood, adopt a catch basin to care for.
Beautify traffic calming areas in your neighbourhood as a volunteer gardener.
Help seniors and people with limited mobility clear their sidewalks after a snowfall.