Scam alert: Parking ticket payment text messages
December 18, 2023: We have been notified of a scam targeting people through text messages requesting they pay an overdue parking ticket.
- These text messages are not from us.
- Do not click the link or provide payment details.
- Report these messages to your cellphone provider and then delete them.
- We do not notify the public of fines through texting, media, or social media.
City-approved notification methods for parking tickets:
- Ticket served to vehicle
- Ticket mailed to registered owner of vehicle
Pay early, pay less
Pay within 14 days, and get 40% off the full amount. Refer to your ticket for dates and what you owe.
Pay your ticket online with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Pay your ticket now
Specific ticket concerns?
Call 604-257-8732, Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Pay for meter parking with the free PayByPhone smartphone app
When you use the PayByPhone app, you:
- Park until the next day
- Get reminders before your time on the meter expires
- Can extend your time on the go, without running back to the meter
Returned or NSF payments
Non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee: $35.00 per cheque returned by the bank or credit card chargeback
No discounts are available to tickets with previous payments that have been returned by your bank because of NSF cheques or credit card chargebacks. The full ticket amount is due, plus the NSF fee.
If you receive a notice for a paid ticket
If you have paid your parking ticket but receive a notice or summons:
- Your payment may have been applied to another ticket for the same vehicle
- You may have paid the discounted amount after the 14-day deadline