Scam alert: Parking ticket payment text messages
September 7, 2023: We have been notified of a scam targeting people through text messages requesting they pay an overdue parking ticket.
- These text messages are not from us.
- Do not click the link or provide payment details.
- Report these messages to your cellphone provider and then delete them.
- We do not notify the public of fines through texting, media, or social media.
City-approved notification methods for parking tickets:
- Ticket served to vehicle
- Ticket mailed to registered owner of vehicle
Do you have a question about your parking ticket? Think you received it in error from the City?
- View photos taken by the bylaw officer who issued your ticket.
- Call our Ticket Inquiry line at 604-257-8732 Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm (except holidays).
Your ticket may be cancelled if:
- Your car was stolen
- The ticket was issued to the wrong licence plate
- You were parked in an area where you have a valid parking permit
- A duplicate ticket was inadvertently issued for the same incident
- If we cannot resolve your issue, we can help you through the process of completing an adjudication request form.