Before you apply for an adjudication hearing
- View photos taken by the bylaw officer who issued your ticket
- Call 604-257-8732 to discuss your ticket concerns Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- If your concerns cannot be resolved and you wish to have your ticket adjudicated, make sure you understand how the adjudication process works before you apply for an adjudication hearing.
How the adjudication process works
The adjudication process can take 2 to 3 months to finalize.
Once you apply for an adjudication hearing, you can only cancel your application by paying your ticket at any point before the hearing.
Keep in mind:
- An adjudicator cannot reduce the ticket amount
- The issuing bylaw officer does not need to attend the hearing
- A $25 fee is charged in addition to your ticket if the ticket is upheld
- You must submit a separate application for each ticket you choose to dispute
A paid ticket cannot be taken to adjudication.
Steps in the adjudication process
Pay your ticket now
Have a ticket adjudicated
Prepare for a ticket adjudication hearing
View the evidence that the City will present in your parking ticket adjudication hearing 14 days before your hearing.
Know the parking rules
Avoid getting a ticket by knowing the top parking laws. Park smart by following this guide to parking bylaws in Vancouver.