This electronic version of Heritage Bylaw 4837 is amended up to September 29, 2015.
The most recent paper update is amended up to September 29, 2015. Subsequent amendments which may appear in this electronic consolidation will be included in a future update package. The electronic versions of Heritage Procedure Bylaw 11350 and Heritage Property Standards of Maintenance Bylaw 11351 are current to September 29, 2015.
Explanation of amendments since July 22, 2014
The Heritage Bylaw was updated to September 29, 2015, reflecting amendments to include provisions around heritage alteration permits, heritage conservation areas, and protected heritage property.
Heritage Bylaw No. 4837
- Heritage Bylaw PDF file (25 KB)
- Section 1 - Short title
- Section 2 - Designations
- Section 3 - Prohibitions
- Section 4 - Delegations of Powers and Duties
- Section 5 - Procedures and Guidelines
- Section 6 - Effective Date of Bylaw
- Schedule A (Part 1) PDF file (56 KB)
List of Heritage Properties designated as protected between 1974 and January 2003
- Schedule A (Part 2) PDF file (92 KB)
List of Heritage Properties in Chinatown and Gastown designated as protected
- Schedule B PDF file (18 KB)
List of Heritage Properties designated as protected in part between 1974 and January 2003
Heritage designation bylaws enacted since January 31, 2003
- Heritage bylaws designated after January 31, 2003 PDF file (198 KB)
- Consolidated Heritage Bylaw, Schedules, and Appendices PDF file (954 KB)
Regulatory bylaws for heritage sites - bylaws 11350 and 11351
Two regulatory bylaws have been introduced for heritage sites: Heritage Procedure and Heritage Property Standards of Maintenance bylaws.
Heritage Procedure Bylaw 11350
The Heritage Procedure Bylaw addresses processes for heritage inspections requirements for:
- Processes for heritage inspections
- Requirements for conducting impact assessments
- Withholding of approvals
- The determination of heritage value or character
- The issuance of heritage alteration permits
Heritage Property Standards of Maintenance Bylaw 11351
The Heritage Property Standards of Maintenance Bylaw:
- Regulates how properties within a heritage conservation area are to be maintained
- Supplements the general maintenance standards that are already in place in the city
This bylaw presently applies only to buildings that are scheduled as protected in the First Shaughnessy Heritage Conservation Area.