Licence Bylaw 4450
Regulates the licensing of business, trade, professions, and other occupations with the City of Vancouver.
All businesses in Vancouver need to be licensed
All persons and companies doing business in the City of Vancouver need to be licenced, including:
- Each location operated by a business in the City.
- Persons and companies based out-of-town and doing business in the City.
- Home-based businesses (for example, professionals working from a home office).
- Employees do NOT need a business licence.
The bylaw regulates how businesses operate
The bylaw regulates the way certain businesses must operate. These regulations
- Protect public health and safety.
- Protect vulnerable populations (for example, youth).
- Minimize noise or other impacts of businesses on the surrounding neighbourhood.
The bylaw sets business licence fees
The bylaw lists the:
- Annual fees payable for eacy type of business.
- Fees for new business licence applications, transfers of licence, and other administrative changes.