Class sizes are limited to 20 participants unless otherwise approved and included in the permit.
Park space is generally available from 6:00am until 9:00pm, but availability may vary depending on the park's proximity to residents.
Unless you make special arrangements, private and commercial recreation activities are not allowed in the following areas of parks:
- Pedestrian pathways, boardwalks, seawall and linkages
- Natural or environmentally sensitive areas including designated ravines, wooded areas, sites of natural or scientific interest, areas that have undergone significant habitat restoration, wetlands and their buffer zones.
- On or adjacent to playgrounds, park furnishings, waterparks, or wading pools
- Horticultural display area of ornamental gardens.
- Skateboard bowls, basketball courts, tennis courts, sports fields, or other sports pads
- Picnic areas
- Cultural displays
- Designated dog off-leash areas
- Downtown beach parks or beaches
- Any of the seawalls
- Any beach areas between April to September
- Next to a community centre
Items that are not permitted
- Glass beverage containers
- Public address systems
- Amplified music
- Alcoholic beverages
- Structures, fences, poles, tents, stages, bleachers, portable toilets
- Fire or fireworks
Inspecting the premises
Permit holders are required to inspect the premises and facilities covered by the permit prior to using the premises to ensure that the facilities are suitable for the permit holder's intended use and to address any unsafe conditions before using the area.
Permit holders are also expected to rotate locations within the designated area to minimize wear and tear to the landscaping.
All Park Board premises and facilities are accepted as is and are used entirely at the permit holder's own risk.
Area clean up and property damage
The permit holder is responsible for leaving the area clean and litter-free and may be billed for clean up cost, if necessary.
The permit holder is responsible for any property damage that occurs during the permitted activity, set up, or take down. Report any damage immediately. The repair costs will be billed to the permit holder.
Advertising and business transactions
A small identification sign may be used at the picnic site, but no advertising is allowed.
Financial transactions, registration, flyer distribution, active advertising, or other forms of business cannot be conducted on park land.
Accepting a permit from the Park Board constitutes an acknowledgement from the permit holder and/or representative that he/she has read and understands the conditions and undertakings contained therein and further that he/she has the authority to represent and bind the licensee on all matters pertaining to the permit.
Refunds and cancellations
Refunds are not given if you cancel due to poor weather. Cancellations for other purposes must be requested in writing at least 5 days before the class you want to cancel.
If you cancel your application at any time during the approval process (before the permit has been issued), the Application Deposit fee is not refunded.
If you cancel after your permit is issued, an administration fee applies.
Contact Park Board Special Events and Filming
2099 Beach Ave
Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4