Temporary event licences and permits private property

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update

May 19, 2020: Since March 17 our event permitting offices have been operating under the orders and the protective measures that the Provincial Health Officer has put into place for large events and gatherings.

Event organizers have been ordered to limit all public gatherings larger than 50 people indefinitely, or until the Province updates the order. This includes indoor and outdoor sporting events, conferences, meetings, concerts, religious gatherings, or other similar events. Guidance is changing often. Please check the Province‚Äôs website for the latest information. Review the Provincial order on mass gathering events

Hosting special events during COVID-19? Review frequently asked questions  (134 KB)

Temporary event licences and permits

Arts event licence

It's easy to host small indoor live performance events in Vancouver, with simpler requirements, faster approvals, and cheaper licence fees. Learn about the arts event licence, and apply for your next event.

Busking and entertainment

Find out what is required to busk in Vancouver streets.

Combat sport and martial arts events (284.19 KB)

Combat sport events (mixed martial arts or MMA, boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling) that are open to the public and sell tickets need a business licence. Apply for this licence here, at least 30 business days before your event.

Dance events

Public dance events held in Vancouver require a permit. This page links to the application forms for business licenses related to Late night and Teenage dance party events.

Film permit online application

Let the City help you to arrange the necessary permits and licenses to film in Vancouver. Start the application process by filling in this online form.

Marketing and canvassing for charity

Find out the criteria and learn how to apply for a Soliciting for Charity licence, which allows you to market and canvass for charity on City streets.

Park wedding ceremony permit

To hold an outdoor wedding ceremony in our designated Vancouver park sites, you'll need a permit. Learn what's included in the permit and apply.

Religious activities

Apply for the permit allows you to share your message and interact with the public on City streets, at an assigned area and time.

Special events on City streets or at the Vancouver Art Gallery exterior plazas

Let the City help you arrange the necessary permits for holding a special event on City streets. Start the process using our online application.

Special event application for events on private property

To hold a special event on private property, you'll require a permit.

Special occasion license to serve liquor

The LCLB regulates the Special Occasion Licences for both private and public events, such as weddings, tastings, community festivals.