If you live, work, or study in Vancouver, you're invited to enter our bike rack design contest. We’re looking for designs that:
- Are fun and functional, and hold two bikes
- Can be fabricated and installed by the City in a cost-effective way
- Reflect Vancouver in a creative and original way
Celebrate the new bike racks at Stamps Landing
You're invited to join in celebrating the installation of the six finalist designs from last year’s Bike Rack Design Contest.
Enjoy trivia and prizes, and find out where more winning bike racks are located around the city.
Thursday, August 15, 2019, 3pm to 7pm
600 Stamps Landing
The bike rack design contest in review
The main objective of the contest was to deliver fun and functional bike racks that hold two bikes upright and reflect Vancouver in a creative and original way.
Throughout the contest, we saw creativity, meaningful engagement, and community building.
Four winners selected for installation around Vancouver
The winners are:
- North Shore Mountain, by Josiane Vlitos (also selected as People's Choice award during August prototype showcase)
- Guard Bird, by Wendy Tsao
- Petal Rack, by Brian Lin (also selected as People's Choice award during June exhibition)
- Living Leaf, by Ian Alcayaga
The winning designs may be installed wherever new bike racks are needed, including Vancouver streets, sidewalks, and plazas.
What you can win
Winning designs will receive $2,000. Finalist designs will be prototyped and displayed at a public event. Finalists and People’s Choice Award winners will also receive prizes.
Winning designs will be manufactured by the City and installed in locations throughout Vancouver.
North Shore Mountains was selected as the People's Choice award at the August prototype exhibition.
Petal Rack is the Shortlist Exhibition People’s Choice winner!