Reserve parking spaces and parking meters with temporary special zone permits
Temporary special zone permits allow you to reserve parking spaces and parking meters for:
- Construction waste containers and bins
- Construction work
- Deliveries (for example, when a crane lift is needed)
- Moving and storage containers
- Moving trucks
- Service work (for example, window cleaning, sign installation)
These permits are not issued for crew parking purposes.
Apply for your permit seven business days before you need the reserved parking spaces or parking meters.
This gives the City time to post parking restriction signs and cover parking meters in advance.
If emergency roadwork is required during the time you have reserved parking meters, the emergency work will take priority.
Apply for a temporary special zone permit
- Record the following information:
- Location you need to reserve parking spaces
- Existing parking regulations at the location
- Date, time, and duration of your work
- Details about your work
- Extent of street use needed (parking lane only, or more)
- Apply for your permit. Register for an account and submit your application online.
Apply for your permit in advance. Seven business days is required for all applications.
- You must conclude and pay for your permit by 10am three working days in advance of the permit start date to allow for scheduling and installation of temporary signage.
- Provide the information in step 1.
- You may also apply for your permit in person at Engineering Client Services (see contact on this page).
- Receive your permit.
- Simple, in-person applications are generally approved right away.
- Emailed, in-person, and on-line applications must be collected and paid for in person at Engineering Client Services or through your online account by 10am three business days before your permit starts.