As part of our commitment to improve accessibility for all ages and abilities at our public docks, we will begin making upgrades to the Spyglass ferry dock platform connecting to the Husain Rahim Plaza at the foot of Spyglass Place starting late-October 2020.
What the dock will include when completed
- New grade-accessible ramp with handrail for those with mobility challenges and equipment such as strollers
- New concrete step to access the dock platform from the plaza
- New benches in Husain Rahim Plaza
Construction begins October 26, 2020
- Construction will require temporary diversion of seawall traffic for short periods while crews and equipment access the work area.
- The seawall will remain open to foot and bicycle traffic during this time.
- During construction ferry service from the south side of False Creek will continue from the ferry dock at Stamp's Landing and the Creekside dock in Olympic Village. Sections of the plaza area will be fenced and closed to public access while the new dock connections are being built.
- The existing mural will be removed by the construction but efforts are underway to create an opportunity for a new mural design in that space.
- Construction will be completed in December 2020.