We’re making street improvements in the Hospital Zone along 10th Ave between Willow St and Ash St to improve safety and accessibility for all users with a focus on patient and pedestrian safety and comfort.
- Sidewalk and pedestrian crossing improvements
- Lighting upgrades
- Improved passenger loading zones
- New protected bike lanes
- Green infrastructure improvements to enhance rainwater management
- Intersection improvements such as accessible traffic signals and raised intersections
- Sewer infrastructure upgrades between Heather St and Ash St
This work follows Phase 1 upgrades to the corridor, completed summer 2018, including completion of safety improvements, Hospital zone signage, and pavement markings along 10th Ave between Oak St and Willow St.
What's happeningConstruction is underway
- Two-way traffic on 10th Avenue from Willow Street to Ash Street has resumed
- Sidewalks and bike lanes are open
Please watch for construction staging and changes to loading zones and parking in the area as work is finalized.
10th Ave from Willow St to Ash St
Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm, extended hours as needed
Weekends: as needed
How this project may affect you
Plan your commute
10th Avenue Hospital Zone: phase 2 stakeholder toolkit
Find communication resources to help your clients plan their commute during construction on 10th Avenue.