We’re making street improvements in the Hospital Zone along 10th Ave between Willow St and Ash St to improve safety and accessibility for all users with a focus on patient and pedestrian safety and comfort.
- Sidewalk and pedestrian crossing improvements
- Lighting upgrades
- Improved passenger loading zones
- New protected bike lanes
- Green infrastructure improvements to enhance rainwater management
- Intersection improvements such as accessible traffic signals and raised intersections
- Sewer infrastructure upgrades between Heather St and Ash St
This work follows Phase 1 upgrades to the corridor, completed summer 2018, including completion of safety improvements, Hospital zone signage, and pavement markings along 10th Ave between Oak St and Willow St.
What's happeningConstruction begins in 2021
Starting mid-February 2021, construction will begin on 10th Ave between Willow St and Ash St.
Traffic and parking impacts are anticipated during the construction period. We're working closely with Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver Coastal Health, BC Cancer, and health care facilities in the area to ensure access to critical health services is maintained.
10th Ave from Willow St to Ash St
February 2021 to fall 2021
Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm, extended hours as needed
Weekends: as needed
Plan your commute