Who we are
The PDAG will include 10 to 12 local and citywide stakeholders, including members-at-large and individuals who represent a larger user group.
Advisory group members are selected through the Vancouver Park Board's public selection process. PDAG will be co-chaired by a Park Board staff member from the NEFC project team and an appointed member from the advisory group.
Membership is intended to reflect Vancouver's ethnic, age, and gender diversity and include (but not be limited to) representation from the following groups or interest areas:
- Local residents in the False Creek Basin and adjacent areas and neighbourhoods
- Sports and outdoor recreation, including skateboarding
- Water recreation, including non-motorized boating
- Community centres
- Charities and non-profits
- Public space design and large event and festival organizers
- Active transportation and accessibility
- Environmental design, with interest in waterfront sites
- Arts and culture
Members are expected to have direct knowledge, experience, or expertise within their representational group or have an interest in the development of the parks, plazas, and open spaces in NEFC.
It's expected that members will attend the majority of meetings and will keep active correspondence with the group. Any members unable to participate will be replaced by other representatives of their organization, if applicable.
- Michael Alexander
- Debra Barker
- Deborah Calrson
- Spencer Hamilton
- Maggie Ip
- Wendee Lang
- Patsy McMillan
- Amy Nugent
- Ann Phelps
- Paul Runnals
- Anne Thompson
- Daniel Ward