The Homeless Services Outreach Team assists citizens at the storefront office Monday to Friday, as well as street outreach, with additional late evening shifts between 4:30pm to 11pm, 4 to 5 days a week.
The street and alley outreach shifts provides additional support to those most marginalized in the community and the least likely to be accessing traditional social services.
Outreach staff can offer:
- Assistance to find housing options and provide support with the application and move-in process
- Assistance or referrals to maintain existing tenancies
- Assistance to secure an income through Provincial or Federal Benefits, including applications for income assistance, employment insurance, pensions
- Referrals to emergency shelters for a place to sleep, wash, and eat
- Assistance to obtain identification, including applying for and safely storing identification
- Referral to emergency shelters, health care, counselling, clothing, detox, and addiction services
- Immediate assistance such as emergency first aid and emotional support
- Harm reduction supplies such as needle exchange and safer sex supplies
If you are concerned about someone sleeping outside in Vancouver, do not hesitate to connect with the team.
Outreach staff lead and participate in community events centered around homelessness in partnership with the Carnegie Community Centre, and other local agencies providing staff and peer resources.
In partnership with Vancouver Coastal Health, staff also host a weekly health and wellness program for marginalized women at the Downtown Eastside Community Health Centre.
The program provides meals, connection and services to women in the community.
Contacts for community homelessness services:
The Homelessness Services Outreach Team’s storefront office operates on a first come, first serve basis.
392 Powell St
Monday to Friday (closed statutory holidays)
9am to 4pm
Drop-in, no appointments
401 Main St
Vancouver, BC V6A 2T7
Outreach cell: 604-968-1825
If you're concerned for a citizen’s immediate medical distress, please call 9-1-1.