Housing Vancouver provides a strong foundation for the future in Vancouver.
Vancouver should be a place where:
- Neighbourhoods are full of families
- Young people can afford to buy a home
- People of all incomes and backgrounds can participate in their communities
The focus of our 10-year housing strategy
- Building more affordable housing
- Addressing and limiting the over-inflated cost of land that is driving up housing prices
- Ensuring the right types of homes are built – homes our residents need and can afford
- Protecting and renewing existing affordable rental housing across Vancouver
- Providing housing and support for our most vulnerable residents
- Streamlining City processes for faster housing development
Our new housing targets
Our goal is 72,000 new homes across Vancouver in the next 10 years.
Planning Vancouver Together: Vancouver (City-wide) Plan
We’ve launched the process to develop the Vancouver (City-wide) Plan that will guide our city to 2050 and beyond.