Housing Vancouver provides a strong foundation for the future in Vancouver.
Vancouver should be a place where:
- Neighbourhoods are full of families
- Young people can afford to buy a home
- People of all incomes and backgrounds can participate in their communities
What's happeningHelp shape Vancouver’s first Seniors Housing Strategy
Are you a Vancouver senior, Elder, older adult 55+, or a caregiver? We want to hear from you.
Your feedback will help us understand your housing needs.
The focus of our 10-year housing strategy
- Building more affordable housing
- Addressing and limiting the over-inflated cost of land that is driving up housing prices
- Ensuring the right types of homes are built – homes our residents need and can afford
- Protecting and renewing existing affordable rental housing across Vancouver
- Providing housing and support for our most vulnerable residents
- Streamlining City processes for faster housing development
Our new housing targets
Our goal is 72,000 new homes across Vancouver in the next 10 years.
Stay informed about how we carry out the Housing Vancouver strategy.