Starting June 1, 2019 a permit is required to access the Canada Place Tour Bus Only Zone.
Stopping a vehicle that is not a tour bus in a designated tour bus zone is illegal under section 17.2 (j) of Street and Traffic Bylaw 2849.
We provide tour bus parking locations for loading passengers at tourist destinations while considering the needs of all who use our streets.
Tour bus drivers can use:
- Commercial lanes
- Commercial loading zones, loading zones, and passenger zones
- Parking meters with full payment of all spaces the bus occupies
- No parking anytime zones (5-minute limit)
- Locations on the map below
Additional loading and parking locations
EasyPark is a City-owned non-profit company that manages parking lots that are owned and leased by the City of Vancouver.
Parking is available by the day and year at Stanley Park and Queen Elizabeth Park. One ticket or pass is good for both locations.
To avoid parking tickets, tour bus operators should never:
- Stop and load at TransLink bus stops
- Load or park in taxi, police, or consular zones
- Stop or load within 6 m of an intersecting sidewalk
- Stop or load within 6 m of a crosswalk
- Stop or load in a rush-hour lane of traffic
- Park on residential streets or lanes
- Double park to load or unload
- Fail to pay for all meter spaces occupied by the bus while the meter is in effect
- Allow engines to idle for more than 3 minutes unless passengers are loading or unloading
Canada Place tour bus permits
Starting June 1, 2019 a permit is required to access the Canada Place Tour Bus Only Zone. A new seasonal tour bus zone has been established, free of charge on West Cordova St.
|Permits||Cost per licence plate|
|Seasonal||$2000 + GST|
|Daily||$25 + GST|
Tour buses that stop on Canada Place and do not have a permit are subject to a fine.
Stopping time limits in tour bus zones remain in effect.
Purchase a tour bus only zone permit
Daily permits can be purchased using Paybyphone:
- PayByPhone mobile app External web site, opens in new tab
- PayByPhone website External web site, opens in new tab
- PayByPhone guest account External web site, opens in new tab
You can apply for your seasonal permit online or by phone.
Complete our online form and the Parking Management Branch will contact you within two business days for payment.
You will have the option to pick up the permit in person when it's ready or have it mailed to you.