As Vancouver's school population grows, so do the traffic and parking problems around schools. For the safety of children, and to avoid traffic congestion, motorists dropping off or picking up students should pay attention to the following restrictions.
All the following rules are enforced under Street and Traffic Bylaw 2849.
- Effective from 8:00am to 5:00pm on school days
- For use by motorists dropping off and picking up students
- Limit of 5 minutes
- Effective from 8:00am to 5:00pm. on school days
- For students to safely get in, and out of school
- Zone must be clear of vehicles
Vehicles parked in No Parking and No Stopping zones in a school area can be ticketed and towed under section 17.1 of the bylaw.
Vehicles that block pedestrians and motorists
Vehicles blocking pedestrians and motorists in school zones, and elsewhere, will be ticketed under Street and Traffic Bylaw 2849 as follows:
- Sections 17.5 (b) and (c): Parked or stopped too close to a corner
- Sections 17.4 (a) and (b): Stopped on, or within 6 m of a crosswalk
- Section 18.1 (b): Parked in the wrong direction
- Section 18.1 (c): Double parked