Kitchen suite, couch, and chair an apartment suite

Create or legalize a secondary suite

Add a new secondary suite to your existing house or legalize an existing suite that was created without permits.

Are you creating a secondary suite as part of building a new house?  Review the steps to building a new house

Steps to creating or legalizing a secondary suite

Contact the Development and Building Services Centre

 The Services Centre and Phone Centre will close for the Christmas holidays at 3pm on Monday, December 24 and will reopen at 8:30am on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.

Phone: 604-873-7611

Location and mailing address
Development and Building Services Centre
Ground floor
515 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8

Monday, Wednesday, Friday
8:30am to 4:30pm

Tuesday, Thursday
8:30am to 4pm

Free 2-hour parking
West 10th Ave parking lot, 
between Cambie and Yukon

Permits, inspections, and forms

Apply and manage permit

Review regulations and apply for the required permits for your construction or renovation project.


Book or cancel an inspection for your construction or renovation project.

Forms, resources, and requirements

View and download the building or development permit application forms and submission requirements.