Donate to Carnegie Centre
In 1901 American steel magnate Andrew Carnegie agreed to donate $50,000 to build a public library if the City would provide free land, and $5,000 annually to support its operation.
Today, donations continue to play an important role for Carnegie Community Centre. Our programs rely on donations, funding, and grants.
All donations of $20 or more are issued a charitable donation tax receipt. If you provide a mailing address, a tax receipt will be mailed to you.
Donate online via PayPal here:
If you want, attach a note or write in the memo area of your cheque which program or program area you want to receive the support. Make your cheque payable to:
Carnegie Community Centre Association,
401 Main Street,
Vancouver, BC V6A 2T7
Donate goods and services
Supplies needed in our programs
Phone us first to confirm what is needed at 604-665-2274, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Carnegie often needs:
- New or gently-used musical instruments and supplies, especially guitars
- Free passes / tickets or discounts for trips out.
- Eye glasses for seniors. Eye exams and glasses are not covered by MSP for Seniors receiving Canada Pension Plan, Disability, or Old Age Security.
- Bingo prizes for our Free Bingo for Seniors. They have requested dish scrub pads, packs of Kleenex, dishwashing soap, Tupperware, razors, tea towels, mittens, toques, coffee/travel mugs, set of drinking glasses.
- Office supplies (1" binders, pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, 8 ½” x 11” paper) for the Learning Centre
- Gently-used books and magazines
- Arts and crafts supplies
- Leather, beads, sinew, needles, punches for the Cultural Sharing Group
We do a lot to show our volunteers we care and appreciate their contributions, but wish we could do more.
Here are some ideas for how you can help:
- Performing artists: Donate your time to perform for our volunteers at one of our monthly volunteer appreciation dinners.
- Business owners and managers: Offer free or discounted admission to day-trip destinations or events, museums, theatres, movies, or sporting events.
- Manufacturers: Offer us a deal on buying several dozen reasonably priced items that we could give our volunteers as gifts at Christmas, or during volunteer appreciation week.