There are many ways to play in Hastings Park. Choose from activities for all ages, whatever your pace:
- Play soccer on the fields and run the track at Empire Fields.
- Get your adrenaline pumping in Plateau Sports park with Parkour, bike skills, beach volleyball, and more.
- Bike and walk the greenways throughout Hastings Park.
- Skateboard at one of two skate parks.
Use our track and field at Empire Fields
Empire Fields features:
- Two full-sized synthetic turf soccer fields for community use
- Warm-up area
- Spectator seating
- A 560 m track with rubberized surface for walking and running
Sports and recreation at Plateau Sports Park
Find diverse activities for all ages at Plateau Sports Park, including:
- Beach volleyball
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Table tennis (ping pong)
- Bike skills park
Bike and walk our greenways
With more than 6 ha of land in Hastings Park, we have integrated a network of pedestrian and cycling trails around the park.
These paths connect to pedestrian and bicycle routes to the neighbourhood and city bike routes, making it easy to get to and around the park.
- View a printable map of Hastings Park greenways PDF file (3.2 MB)
- Learn more about Vancouver's greenways
Hastings Skatepark and Leeside Skatepark
Hastings Skatepark, also called Hastings Bowl, is located at Renfrew and Pandora streets, two blocks north of Hastings Street.
The concrete skatepark has three winding connected bowls ranging from 1.5 m to 3.5 m (5' to 11') deep, plus a separate street course with plenty of coped ledges and wall rides.
Leeside Skatepark, also called Leeside Tunnel, is located in a former transit tunnel under the Cassiar Connector at the corner of Hastings Street and Highway 1 eastbound.
Events and attractions at the park
Horse racing has been a part of Hastings Park since the 1800s. Live race days (free entrance) take place between April and October. Various restaurants, bars, and a gaming floor with 600 slots operate year-round.
The Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) is where Playland Amusement Park is located. It is the host of countless shows, exhibits, sporting events, concerts, cultural activities, and the annual summer fair.
Make your way to the park
Hastings Park is located at 2901 East Hastings St. Get directions using a Google map or printable map.