The Health Services Department provides these free services to the community:
- Health support including delousing
The Health Centre has clean, private showers with towels, soap, shampoo, razors, and shaving foam available for use, free of charge.
- Monday: 9:15am to 5pm (last shower in at 4:30pm)
- Tuesday to Friday: Open at 9:15am to 7pm (last shower in at 6:30pm)
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 6pm (last shower in at 5:30pm)
Clients can drop off a load of laundry in the morning and pick it up at night. Laundry is done on a first come, first served basis.
Follow these rules to enjoy our laundry services:
- Bring one medium size load per day (maximum three loads per week)
- Only two denim items per load
- Make sure laundry contains clothing only
- If you have - or suspect you have - bedbugs, lice, or scabies please tell staff in advance for further instructions
- Put your laundry in a clear bag with no holes or tears - the centre will provide plastic bags
- Monday: Open at 9am, can drop off until 2pm closed at 6pm
- Tuesday to Friday: Open at 9am, can drop off until 2pm, closed at 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday: No laundry. Pick up only
Daily laundry limits
- Monday: First 50 loads
- Tuesday to Friday: First 60 loads
- Saturday and Sunday: Laundry closed
Health support services and delousing
We provide treatments for people with lice and scabies on Tuesday to Friday, 9:30am to 6pm.
Bedding and clothing will be washed and a change of clothing can be provided.
For more information speak to someone at the Health Centre.
320 Alexander St
Vancouver BC, V6A 1C3
Find the help you need
Find details on supportive housing, shelters, financial aid, low-cost meals, and more.