The Health Services Department provides these free services to the community:
- Health support including delousing
The Health Centre has clean, private showers with towels, soap, shampoo, razors, and shaving foam available for use, free of charge.
- Monday to Friday: 9:15am to 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:30am to 6pm
Clients can drop off a load of laundry in the morning and pick it up at night. Laundry is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
Follow these rules to enjoy our laundry services:
- Bring one medium size load per day (maximum three loads per week)
- Make sure laundry contains clothing only
- If you have or suspect bedbugs, inform the staff in advance for further instructions
- Put your laundry in a clear bag with no holes or tears - the centre will provide plastic bags
Laundry hours and limits
- Monday to Friday: 9am intake
- Saturday and Sunday: No laundry, pick up only
Important note First come first served until 2pm or maximum 50 loads reached. Load limit may vary during our shelter months from November to April.
Laundry pick up
- Monday to Friday: 9am to 7:45pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 6:45pm
Health support services and delousing
We provide assessments for people with lice and scabies Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Treatments will be booked after an assessment by health staff has been conducted. Assessment appointments can be booked by phone. Call 604-665-3075 and ask for the health department.
404 Alexander St
Vancouver BC, V6A 1C5