Discover the land beneath your feet
Walking is a great way to explore our City and improve your health, fitness and happiness levels.
Walk on the unceded Territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations and enjoy routes which reflect indigenous culture and history, including; art installations, traditions, culture, points of interests and stories of indigenous and non-indigenous people. We are strengthening our relations and walking forward together.
Perks of walking
Regular physical activity – including walking – can:
- Reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke
- Lower your blood pressure
- Reduce your body fat
- Increase your bone density
- Increase your flexibility and co-ordination
- Support social connection
Be comfortable and healthy out there
- Wear comfortable shoes and cushioned socks.
- Dress for the weather and dress in layers External website, opens in new tab.
- Drink fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Apply sunscreen.
- Bring a hat.
- Walk faster at intervals to boost your heart rate.
- If walking alone, let someone know where you're going and when you expect to return