We’ve assembled a team working to deliver essential needs for Vancouver residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Areas of the Community Resilience team's work include:
- Setting up locations where people who need to self-isolate but are experiencing homelessness can go. Two emergency response centres are open.
- Supporting tenants living in single room occupancy hotels (SROs) and low-income housing by providing hygiene services and supplies to operators
- Food security
- Working with partners on safer distribution options for Income Assistance
- Setting up a resident network headquarters to help provide community member-delivered COVID-19 updates and information in the Downtown Eastside
- Strategies to support harm reduction
We are grateful for the ongoing leadership and partnership of Vancouver Coastal Health, BC Housing, and our non-profit and private sector partners.