Our vision is that Vancouver's marine environment is treasured as the place for non-motorized watercraft experiences for all.
We adopted On Water: Vancouver's Non-motorized Watercraft Strategy in June 2019.
What will the strategy do
The strategy will guide the future direction, implementation, and delivery of non-motorized watercraft recreation.
Five key directions will bring Vancouver closer to its vision for high-quality, accessible non-motorized watercraft recreation.
- Expand opportunities and participation
- Increase physical access to the water
- Improve safety
- Protect and enhance the environment
- Foster opportunities to socialize and build community
The strategy includes the:
- On Water research and analysis report PDF file (12 MB) - highlights and outlines the process to develop the strategy
- On Water user map PDF file (1.2 MB) - provides non-motorized recreation users an overview of popular locations for watercraft activity, along with information about safety, facility, and amenity locations
On-water recreation activities involve a small watercraft powered by people or natural elements, including:
- Dragon boating
- Paddle boarding
- Surf skiing
- Wind surfing
- Kite surfing and boarding
- Small craft sailing (not including motorized boats and large sailboats)
Give feedback about a park, community centre, pool, rink, or other Park Board facility.
Please confirm your subscription
Click the link in the email we just sent you.