The Vancouver Park Board is developing Vancouver’s Playbook, a new plan to guide how we create vibrant, parks and recreation over the next 25 years.
Vancouver is home to world-class parks and recreation, and our population is growing and changing.
It’s essential we look to the future to protect and improve parks and recreation across the city.
VanPlay is a year-long conversation with you, our staff, partners, stakeholders, and experts to make this the best plan it can be.
Discover what we have accomplished so far
Explore our past VanPlay events to find more information and reports on the future of parks and recreation.
Presenting... Three Bold Moves for a more connected and equitable future for parks and recreation in Vancouver
We're pleased to announce that VanPlay's final two reports were unanimously approved by Park Board Commissioners on October 9.
If you missed the presentation you can:
The completion of VanPlay - Vancouver's Parks and Recreation Services Master Plan represents a significant and defining moment for the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation; bringing the organisation into the 21st century with a new commitment to equitable delivery of excellent parks and recreation opportunities in a connected, efficient manner which celebrates history of the land, place, and culture.
On July 23, 2018, Park Board Commissioners unanimously approved:
On October 9, 2019, Park Board Commissioners unanimously approved:
- Report 3: Strategic Bold Moves PDF file (38 MB): presents three tools to create a more connected and equitable future:
- Equity - creating Initiative Zones to assist in prioritising delivery of parks and recreation resources to historically under-served areas of the city
- Asset needs - detailing targets for parks and recreation amenities and facilities
- Connectivity - a vision for a city-wide network of parks and recreation opportunities
- Report 4: The Playbook, Implementation Plan PDF file (6 MB): considers operationalization of the Strategic Bold Moves and previously approved 10 Goals to Shape the Next 25 Years
Together, these reports represent a policy framework that puts equity, asset needs, and connectivity at the core of Park Board activities and decision-making.
Follow our progress
- ✰May – Aug 2017 Discovery
- ✰Sep 2017 – Jun 2018Direction and goals
- ✰Aug 2018 – Jan 2019 Strategic Big Moves
- ✰Jan – Oct 2019 Playbook
Sign up for updates
Please confirm your subscription
Click the link in the email we just sent you.
Having trouble signing up?
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share how you play for a chance to win a prize
Show us how you play in Vancouver for a chance to win a prize package!
Use the hashtag #VanPlay on Twitter and Instagram for a chance to be featured.