Our vision is for Vancouver's marine environment to be treasured as a place for non-motorized watercraft experiences for all.
Launch location changes for 2022
- Locarno Beach Launch location has moved west to Spanish Banks East – access from the Tolmie Street parking lot
- Kite surfing and boarding are limited to the Spanish Banks East launch site between noon and 7pm
This summer the On Water pilot returns to encourage and manage the safe use of non-motorized watercraft in Vancouver’s waters.
From Victoria Day long weekend to Labour Day long weekend, four access points are available to support non-motorized watercraft users in safely launching and using their equipment between the hours of 11:30am and 8:30pm:
- Kitsilano PDF file (327 KB)
- Spanish Banks West PDF file (282 KB)
- Spanish Banks East PDF file (498 KB)
- Sunset PDF file (471 KB)
Non-motorized watercraft activities by location
On-water recreation activities involve a small watercraft powered by people or natural elements.
|11:30am to 8:30pm||
|Noon to 5pm||Spanish Banks East||Kite surfing and boarding|
Note Access is unregulated outside of these dates, times, and locations.
** The Sunset Beach launch location has strong currents and busy boat traffic. It is not recommended for novice users. Consider Kits Beach or Spanish Banks East or West as alternative launch sites.
Black and white quartered flags and temporary beach signs indicate the designated launch and recovery access areas.
Please confirm your subscription
Click the link in the email we just sent you.