The Bloedel Conservatory is a lush domed paradise, located in Queen Elizabeth Park atop the City of Vancouver's highest point. More than 120 free-flying exotic birds, and hundreds of exotic plants and flowers thrive within its temperature-controlled environment.
It is a unique setting for an intimate wedding ceremony, family photography shoot or event.
Wedding ceremonies under the dome
Wedding ceremonies can be held in the morning before the Conservatory opens or in the evening after the Conservatory has closed to the general public.
The banyan fig tree area is the perfect location for an intimate wedding ceremony.
Additional booking of $250 +GST is required if you would like to add a 1-hour rehearsal prior to your wedding date, and can only take place before or after garden hours.
Evening bookings can be extended up to 11pm for an additional fee of $250 / hour + GST.
- 2 hours of exclusive use of the Conservatory
- A liaison for 2 hours
- Admission for up to a maximum of 10 people
Information icon Additional booking is required if you would like to add a one hour rehearsal.
- A signing table and one white folding chair, and access to power are available upon request
All rates subject to GST. Rates are subject to change.
|January, February, and November 2021||7:45am to 9:45am
4pm to 6pm
|March to October 2021||7:45am to 9:45am
5pm to 7pm
|May to August 2021
(an additional evening time slot if the 5pm to 7pm is taken, with a possible extension to 11pm)
|8pm to 10pm||
Booking conditions and additional costs
- A safety plan and list of household groups is required to be reviewed, prior to receiving approval for your booking.
- Minimum 2 week advance booking required to review and process your request.
- A non-refundable reservation fee of $200 is required upon booking and full payment is due within 2 months of your event date.
- An additional booking of $250 + GST is required if you would like to add a 1-hour rehearsal prior to your wedding date, and can only take place before or after public Conservatory hours.
- Evening bookings may be extended for an additional fee of $250 / hour + GST, with the latest exit time of 11pm.
- No refunds within 60 days of the event date.
- Liability insurance certificate required ($2 million standard coverage).
- If additional admission is permitted, an additional fee of $6.75 / person + GST is applied to your rental.
- You are responsible for arranging the rental and setup / takedown of any additional tables and chairs and all items must be delivered / picked up within your rental time - nothing can be dropped off early or left overnight.
Important information about the venue
- Capacity may be limited based on current COVID-19 Provincial Health Orders. Updates to rental guidelines will be sent by email prior to scheduled events
- Wheelchair accessible
- Liability insurance certificate must be sent by email prior to scheduled events
- No smoking permitted on or near premises
- No animals allowed, with the exception of certified BC guide dogs
- No food or beverage, candles, bubbles, confetti, rice, balloons, or avocado (toxic to birds),are permitted inside or outside of the Conservatory
- The facility has free public Wi-Fi, however it is not reliable or strong enough for music streaming or video conferencing style events
For more information or to request a viewing:
Maria Di Antonio