Is your organization looking for a high-profile, yet inexpensive way, to promote itself, its services, or its events?
The City of Vancouver, through the Transit Shelter Advertising Program, offers free access to transit shelter advertising space for non-profit arts and culture organizations.
You pay for and arrange the posters and we provide a place for them to go. These spaces are in high demand, so apply now.
You can apply for this grant if your organization:
- Is a Vancouver-based, non-profit, arts or culture or community service organization
- Provides programming, activities or services that are:
- Open to the public
- Publicized city-wide
- Held within the City of Vancouver itself (not in other Lower Mainland municipalities or the University Endowment Lands)
We welcome projects that:
- Provide program information
- Raise awareness of a service being provided
- Raise awareness of charitable activities
The program does not advertise:
- Conferences, workshops, and other forms of training
- Lotteries, contests and competitions
- Events that are largely or exclusively fundraisers
- Advocacy or religious messages
- Politically related messages
If your group is interested in requesting space, do so at least four months in advance. Requests that come after the deadline will not be considered.
|For campaigns starting in||Apply by||Expect confirmation in|
|January 2020||October 18, 2019||November 1, 2019|
|February 2020||November 15, 2019||December 6, 2019|
|March 2020||December 20, 2019||January 3, 2020|
|April 2020||January 17, 2020||February 7, 2020|
|May 2020||February 21, 2020||March 6, 2020|
|June 2020||March 20, 2020||April 3, 2020|
|July 2020||April 17, 2020||May 1, 2020|
|August 2020||May 15, 2020||June 5, 2020|
|September 2020||June 19, 2020||July 3, 2020|
|October 2020||July 17, 2020||August 7, 2020|
|November 2020||August 21, 2020||September 4, 2020|
|December 2020||September 18, 2020||October 2, 2020|
Learn how to apply
Review our guides for more information and use our templates to create your posters.
Find more ways to promote with us
Check guidelines to display election signs, posters, sandwich boards, third-party advertising signs, and real estate and open house signs on City property.
Vancouver Public Library distributes posters, flyers, and brochures for non-profit organizations to libraries.
Find out how to apply to have street banners and flags installed advertising your non-profit group, charitable organization or special event in Vancouver.
Apply to light up City Hall for your community's cultural celebration or religious holidays.
Contact Cultural Services about transit shelter and video screen advertising
Location and mailing address
Woodward's Heritage Building
501 - 111 West Hastings St
Vancouver, BC V6B 1H4