What you need to know
Important note If you have a summer permit, you must remove the patios by November 1. Once your patio is removed, email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm its removal.
Available patio permits:
- Summer (simplified application): April 1 - October 31
- Summer (regular application): April 1 - October 31
- Year-round: April 1 – March 31
Restaurants, cafés, distilleries, and breweries can apply to have outdoor seating on City sidewalks.
Large sidewalk patios:
- Are located directly against the business storefront, either in front or on the side, where there is suitable sidewalk space and must not obstruct any entrances or exits.
- Various table and chair configurations are allowed within the patio, but the patio must maintain an accessible aisle width and be accessible to persons of all abilities and mobility.
Important note If you have a valid BC liquor licence and LCRB External website, opens in new tab approval, you can serve alcohol to patio patrons.
Important note If you are proposing a patio on both sides of the property line (City and private), you may also be required to have a building and/or development permit. Review the requirements for a patio on private property
Review the requirements and apply.
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5pm
320 - 507 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 0B4