The China Creek skatepark was originally built in 1979 and is Vancouver’s oldest skatepark. On July 16, 2022, it was officially designated as number 92 on the Vancouver Heritage Foundation's Places That Matter Community History Resource. External website, opens in new tab
We are upgrading the historic China Creek South skatepark following recommendations outlined in the approved Skateboard Amenities Strategy.
The upgraded skatepark will improve rider experience, accommodate a range of user abilities, allow simultaneous use, support growth and density, and better serve the community.
- Preserving and enhancing the existing heritage bowl features
- Replacing the existing asphalt paving with cast-in-place concrete surfacing
- Adding cast-in-place features that complement and enhance the existing bowls
- Integrating the landscape
- Creating seating opportunities
Citywide Skateboard Amenities Strategy approved
Project planning and scoping
Winter 2023 to summer 2023
Site analysis, stakeholder engagement, and concept design
We are here
Summer 2023 to fall 2023