As part of implementing VanPlay - Vancouver's Parks and Recreation Services Master Plan, the Park Board is developing a city-wide Sport Fields Strategy. This project will pick up from the recent work on the Playing Field Upgrade project and respond to the input provided by residents through that process.
The new more comprehensive Sport Fields Strategy includes review and planning for all rectangular fields and ball diamonds, and considers both natural and synthetic turf surfacing.
The strategy will:
- Undertake comprehensive community and stakeholder engagement, including forming a city-wide advisory group to provide input on the strategy
- Explore and recommend innovative directions to meet city-wide sport field needs
- Review the condition and performance of existing Vancouver Park Board sport fields
- Identify optimum city-wide service levels and project future needs
- Propose priorities and phasing for replacing and renewing existing facilities
- Identify new facilities needed over the life of the strategy
- Assess the various surfacing options for sports fields, including consideration for environmental and human health impacts
- Develop a field use allocation policy
We'll initiate the strategy in early 2020, with a goal to develop recommendations for playing fields by spring 2021. The first steps include:
- Summarize sports field engagement from recent community engagements
- Initiate engagement in spring 2020
Please confirm your subscription
Click the link in the email we just sent you.