The Vancouver Park Board is reviewing an application for a new Community Garden at Burrard View Park. The garden is proposed for the south east part of the park, adjacent to the existing field house and playground.
- A garden of annual and perennial plants in a medicine wheel pattern
- An Indigenous food forest
- Tending by community organizations, volunteers, and Indigenous knowledge-keepers
- Nature-based and recycled-material storage and community seating
- Physical and program-based connections to the field house and playground (to be renewed in the near future)
About the garden
The garden would create space for intergenerational and cross-cultural knowledge sharing, skills development, and improved neighbourhood food security.
The Vancouver Park Board supports the creation of community gardens through our: