English Bay Beach
English Bay Beach, also called First Beach, located along Beach Ave between Gilford St and Bidwell St, is the most populated beach area in Vancouver's downtown area. The Stanley Park Seawall, a popular running and biking route, runs along the east side of the beach.
Features at English Bay Beach
- Cactus Club Cafe External web site, opens in new tab
- Public washrooms
- Beach umbrella and chair rentals
- Kayak rentals and storage
- Lifeguards (Victoria Day to Labour Day, late May to early September)
- Mobi-Mat accessible beach pathway
- Two water wheelchairs (two attendants needed to operate, available Victoria Day to Labour Day)
- Swimming raft with large slide
- Two sand volleyball courts
- Pay parking
Note Not permitted: fishing or harvesting of crabs or bivalve mollusks (for example, clams, oysters, mussels)
Find all of Vancouver’s dog parks and off-leash areas, whether in your neighbourhood or along the water.
Thousands of people gather at English Bay beach to take the plunge on New Years Day every year for the Polar Bear Swim.
Find information about Vancouver’s seawall – where it is, what to see and do along the Seawall, and a map of the Seawall.
Vancouver has many options for playing volleyball. Find out about using indoor and outdoor volleyball courts, joining a volleyball league, or taking a volleyball course or workshop.
EasyPark manages parking lots throughout Vancouver, including lots in parks, beaches, and theatres.
Find parking lots and pricing by visiting the EasyPark website.