Transform parking spaces into people places
A parklet is an extended platform over a parking space, and includes public seating, landscaping, and bike parking. They are typically designed and built in partnership with local partners, such as non-profits, neighbourhood houses, and business associations. Parklets provide public spaces for people to sit, relax, and socialize.
- Expand public space – Parklets provide places for people to sit, relax, and enjoy the city
- Foster social life – Create welcoming, year-round public spaces through partnerships
- Support local – Attract people to the location with unique seating and a variety of community activities
- Widen sidewalks – Increase space for people to walk where sidewalks are narrow or congested
- Build sustainably – Source low impact, reusable materials with planted features
Are you a community organization? Consider a parklet
Parklets are typically stewarded by local partners, but are free and open for any member of the public to use.
Advertising, table service, and other commercial activities are not permitted.