Tree removal permits grant permission to remove tree(s) from private property, and may include a requirement to plant a replacement tree(s).
The Protection of Trees Bylaw defines only certain cases when a tree can be removed. This includes when the tree is:
- Causing serious damage to your property
- Located within the building envelope defined by construction and renovation
- Dead, dying, diseased, or presents a hazard
Steps to removing a tree(s) from your property
Did you know
Trees provide valuable social, economic and environmental benefits to Vancouver by:
- Cleaning the air
- Absorbing carbon dioxide
- Producing oxygen
- Absorbing stormwater
- Reducing erosion
- Providing habitat and food for wildlife
Fruit and nut trees provide a source of local food. The urban tree canopy also cools the city, beautifies our neighbourhoods, and increases property values.
Contact the Development and Building Services Centre
Location and mailing address
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8
- Broadway-City Hall SkyTrain Station
- 99 B-line, #15, and #9 buses
Free 2-hour parking
West 10th Ave parking lot,
between Cambie and Yukon
Have you submitted an application online?
We want to hear from you.