Do you have a concern about a tree being or about to be removed?
Tree removal permits grant permission to remove tree(s) from private property, and may include a requirement to plant a replacement tree(s).
The Protection of Trees Bylaw defines only certain cases when a tree can be removed. This includes when the tree is:
- Causing serious damage to your property
- Located within the building envelope defined by construction and renovation
- Dead, dying, diseased, or presents a hazard
Steps to removing a tree(s) from your property
Did you know
Trees provide valuable social, economic and environmental benefits to Vancouver by:
- Cleaning the air
- Absorbing carbon dioxide
- Producing oxygen
- Absorbing stormwater
- Reducing erosion
- Providing habitat and food for wildlife
Fruit and nut trees provide a source of local food. The urban tree canopy also cools the city, beautifies our neighbourhoods, and increases property values.
Contact us online
Email: email@example.com (Email available only until April 20, 2021)
Location and mailing address
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8
- Broadway-City Hall SkyTrain Station
- 99 B-line, #15, and #9 buses
Have you submitted an application online?
We want to hear from you.