Get by-law details
To more effectively respond to incidents, mitigate health risks by pathogens (such as Legionella pneumophila), and ensure compliance with updated standards, operating permits help us and health authorities track new and existing:
- Cooling towers
- Decorative water features
- Non-potable water systems and other building water systems
Find issued operating permits in our Open Data Portal.
Looking for an electrical annual permit? Review the steps and get an electrical annual permit
Ready to get your permit?
- Review what systems require an operating permit
- Review our guide on how to use the online permit system for operating permits PDF file (2 MB)
- Register for an online account (If you don't have an account.)
- Submit your application
- Report water quality results as required. For Legionella pneumophila and E. coli, review laboratory requirements and sampling guidelines (listed under water quality reference documents).
- Keep your operating permit up-to-date. Use the online system for annual permit renewal and updating equipment status.
For additional information, email: email@example.com or phone: 604-873-7549.