We are completing a comprehensive area plan for Broadway between Clark Dr and Vine St. The 30-year plan will focus on opportunities to integrate new housing, jobs, and amenities around the new Broadway Subway in the neighbourhoods of Mount Pleasant, Fairview, and Kitsilano. We began our planning and engagement process in March 2019 and will finish in early 2022.
What's happeningBroadway Plan approved by City Council
The Broadway Plan was approved by Council on June 22.
A link to Council's amendments will be posted here when available.
- Review a summary of the draft Broadway Plan PDF file (4.1 MB)
- Download the full Broadway Plan PDF file (83 MB)
Social and Cultural Integrated Impact Assessment
We recognize that a project as big as the Broadway Plan will likely have some impacts on the area. To help us identify and learn from these, we'll be undertaking a study linked to this work. The Social and Cultural Integrated Impact Assessment Study (SCIIA) is a project with objectives to better understand the impacts that land use change may have on the people, places, and sites in the Broadway Plan area. The purpose of the study is to:
- Identify physical and non-physical social and cultural assets in the area
- Better understand the importance of these assets to quality of life
- Examine related land use issues including gaps in our existing network, challenges to preservation of social serving spaces, including; arts and cultural spaces and their uses, housing, businesses, and other community-serving uses
- Provide recommendations to inform land use policy, minimize negative impacts and maximize positive opportunities for change
This study will be grounded in local knowledge, particularly the knowledge and experiences of historically and systematically marginalized communities.
For more information about the SCIIA project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.