New St. Paul's Policy Statement
St. Paul's Hospital will move to a new site in the False Creek Flats.
In response to Providence's request for a policy statement, the City of Vancouver's Standing Committee on City Finance and Services approved a final policy statement on June 14, 2017.
The policy statement guides the rezoning process as it relates to:
- Land use
- Building types and heights
- Public benefits
- Phases of development
Providence Health Care
Providence Health Care is the organization that owns and operates St. Paul’s Hospital, and is in charge of planning the hospital’s redevelopment.
August 2018 - Providence Health Care submitted a rezoning application for the False Creek Flats site.
|What||New development of St. Paul's hospital campus on Providence Health Care owned land|
|Where||1002 Station St.
7.4 hectares (18.4 acres)
Staff presented a draft policy statement for the new St. Paul's Hospital and Health Campus to Council's Standing Committee on City Finance and Services on June 14, 2017.
- Read the Council report PDF file (5.8 MB)
- Read the final Policy Statement PDF file (12 MB)
- Read the Policy Statement Consultation Summary PDF file (743 KB)
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback at the open houses on May 13 and 15, and who filled out the online questionnaire. Staff will summarize the feedback in their report to Council, and bring forward what we heard to inform the rezoning process.
- View the planning context and background information PDF file (15 MB)
- View the draft policies information displays PDF file (2.1 MB)
- View the Providence Health Care open house information displays PDF file (1.4 MB)
- View the preferred development concept illustrations by Providence Health Care PDF file (3.2 MB)
CommunityIMPACT Consulting conducted a Social Impact Assessment (SIA) in order to understand the potential impacts of the new St. Paul’s on the nearby neighbourhood. This document summarizes the SIA findings and proposed mitigation and monitoring strategies.
We put together a summary of the open house events held, the feedback that we received from the workshops, and the feedback from the online questionnaire.
We asked what you thought about the potential social impacts of the new hospital site through a focus group and online questionnaire from May 18 to June 12. Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts.
Providence Health Care and their design consultants prepared preliminary design concepts to explore how the new St. Paul's Hospital and integrated health campus could be developed. We hosted two open houses on June 18 and 22 to share the concepts and gather feedback to help inform a preferred development concept.
- View the development concept options by Providence Health Care PDF file (3 MB)
- View the Providence Health Care open house information displays PDF file (8 MB)
- Get a recap of our planning context and guiding principles PDF file (2 MB)
We used a questionnaire format to collect public thoughts on the design concepts for the new St. Paul's Hospital and Health Campus. Feedback collected will be used alongside technical analysis to help us identify and refine a preferred development concept and draft set of policies.The questionnaire closed on June 28.
Thank you to the 142 people who attended our first open house and 719 people who filled out a questionnaire providing their feedback on the guiding principles for the new St. Paul’s Hospital and Health Campus. We’ve analyzed the feedback and will use it to refine the guiding principles and help shape the development concept options for public consultation in May.
We asked what you thought about the draft guiding principles for the policy planning program at an open house on March 8 and online questionnaire from March 4 to 20. Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts. We're currently analyzing the feedback we received and will provide a summary soon.
The draft guiding principles focused on these four areas:
- Open spaces and public places
- Community building and site planning
- Mobility and connections
View the open house information displays:
- City information boards PDF file (12 MB)
- Site context
- Planning and policy context - Northeast False Creek, Viaducts, and False Creek Flats
- Draft guiding principles
- Planning process
- Providence Health Care display boards PDF file (2 MB)
- Vision for the future of health care for people in BC
- Integrated health campus
- Planning, process, and timeline
- Public and stakeholder engagement
Contact our planning team