The Arbutus Greenway, a north-south connection, is a well-used walking, biking, and rolling path and remains an important part of our city-building plans.
Currently, we are prioritizing urgent needs, including:
- Safety upgrades
- Enhanced connections to other routes
What's happeningConstruction planning is underway
We are planning improvements to the Arbutus Greenway and West 41st Avenue intersection to make it safer and easier to move through for all users.
- Shifting the greenway to line up with the crossing of West 41st Avenue at East Boulevard
- Providing more physical separation between people walking and biking on the greenway
- Constructing a new bus bulb east of East Boulevard
- Adjusting turning lanes
- Changing some vehicle movements to improve safety and traffic flow
- Installing green rainwater infrastructure and a space for sitting and gathering
This project is jointly funded by the Government of Canada, TransLink, and the City of Vancouver.
Anticipated completion date: Fall 2025
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org