King Edward Complete Street improvements
In spring 2020, complete street improvements will begin along King Edward Ave between Heather and Ontario streets.
As part of the Cambie Corridor Plan, a framework to guide change and growth over the next 30 years in the area, we'll be integrating complete streets on a selection of arterial roadways along and adjacent to the corridor.
When fully complete, changes will include:
- New cycling connections, wider sidewalks, and safer intersections for all users
- Protected cycling infrastructure on the north and south side of the streets, including new protected intersections at Cambie and Yukon streets
- New traffic signals at Columbia and Yukon streets, coordinated with adjacent signals to ensure minimal disruption to travel times
- Widened sidewalks and pedestrian crossings
- Upgraded transit bus stops
- Planting of trees for improved streetscape
This project is being built in conjunction with new developments along the corridor and is a key component of the Cambie Corridor’s Public Realm Plan PDF file (37 MB).