We’re undertaking infrastructure upgrades to repair the street, and improve comfort and safety for people walking and cycling around Quebec St and 1st Ave.
The area of Quebec St and 1st Ave was primarily designed for vehicle traffic and the streets are in poor condition following several years of development and construction.
Once complete, the streets will be improved for people walking, cycling and driving through the neighbourhood with:
- New sidewalks
- A new traffic signal at Switchmen St
- Protected bike lanes on both sides of Quebec St and 1st Ave
- New on-street parking along 1st Ave
- New street lights
- Landscaped boulevards with trees
Construction for phase 1 is complete
Phase 2 improvements are scheduled to begin in March 2019.
Before and after the improvements
1st Avenue facing east.
1st Avenue facing west.
Quebec Street facing north.
Quebec Street facing south.
- Quebec St, 2nd Ave to Central St
- 1st Ave, Ontario to Main St
- Start: February 2018
- End: Late summer 2018
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm
- Weekends and extended hours as needed