We’re upgrading critical water, sewer, street, and electrical infrastructure along Marine Dr between Victoria Dr and Oak St. Construction will begin in January 2021 with anticipated completion in December 2022.
The existing water main and sewers have reached the end of their service life and need to be replaced. The new water main and sewers will each have a life expectancy of 100 years and will help serve this growing area.
What's happeningConstruction begins in 2021
Starting in January 2021, construction on Marine Dr will begin with water main and sewer upgrades at various locations.
The full scope of upgrades includes:
- Water main replacement (3,920 metres)
- Sewer separation (1,040 metres)
- Complete street repave and sidewalk spot repair
- Signal rehabilitation at eight intersections: Oak St, Heather St , 70th Ave, Manitoba St, Main St, Prince Edward St, Victoria Dr, and Khalsa Diwan Rd
- Intersection safety upgrades at Cambie St and Manitoba St
- Removal of duplicate or redundant electrical poles along Marine Dr
- Marine Dr from Victoria Dr to Oak St
Infrastructure upgrades and road improvements are scheduled from January 2021 to fall 2022.
Monday to Friday: 7am to 5pm, extended hours as needed
Weekends: as needed