ASHRAE 90.1-2016 supporting documents
Section 5 - Building Envelope
- Building envelope information sheet PDF file (182 KB)
- Building envelope compliance forms (part 1) PDF file (187 KB)
- Building envelope compliance forms (parts 1 and 2) PDF file (818 KB)
Section 6 - HVAC
- HVAC information sheet PDF file (345 KB)
- HVAC simplified approach option (part 1) PDF file (282 KB)
- HVAC mandatory provisions (part 2) PDF file (393 KB)
- HVAC mandatory provisions and prescriptive requirements (parts 2 and 3) PDF file (576 KB)
Section 7 - Service Water Heating
- Service water heating information sheet PDF file (87 KB)
- Service water heating compliance forms PDF file (440 KB)
- Sample - Service water heating (Electric) PDF file (440 KB)
- Sample - Service water heating (Gas) PDF file (437 KB)
Section 9 - Lighting
Lighting design can use either the Building Area Method or the Space by Space Method to demonstrate compliance with the bylaw. Complete either the PDF or the Excel version of the forms, available below.
If your trade permit application is associated with a building permit, the Lighting Compliance Forms may already have been completed and submitted as part of the building permit application. Make sure you indicate the associated building permit number in the applicable entry on your online application (POSSE).
All lighting projects
- Decide which method to use in your lighting design. If unsure, then review the information sheets provided or the PDF samples provided within each method below.
If the lighting design includes Decorative and/or Display lighting, then only the Space by Space Method can be used.
- Choose whether you want to use the PDF forms or the Excel version of the forms to demonstrate lighting compliance.
- Complete the forms to accurately represent the lighting design and installation.
- Calculate the installed lighting power using the power of the luminaires, not the bulbs. Line-voltage track lighting is to be calculated using 30W per linear foot or power of all luminaires installed on the track – whichever is greater, or the power of the circuit breaker or the limiter – whichever is lower.
- Submit the completed Lighting Compliance Forms either in hardcopy format when applying in-person, or upload with your online trade permit application (POSSE).
Information sheets, tables, and samples
- Lighting information sheet PDF file (272 KB)
- Lighting Power Density Table (9.6.1) for Space by Space Method PDF file (288 KB)
- Sample Excel (Lab - 9.1.2 Exceptions, Space by Space Method) - Part 11 TI Excel file (111 KB)
- Sample (Office - Base lighting only, Building Area Method) - Part 11 TI PDF file (879 KB)
- Sample (Retail - Base lighting only, Building Area Method) - Part 11 TI PDF file (882 KB)
- Sample (Office - Base lighting only, Space by Space Method) - Part 11 TI PDF file (631 KB)
- Sample (Retail - Base lighting only, Space by Space Method) - Part 11 TI PDF file (630 KB)
- Sample (Retails with D&D Lighting, Space by Space Method) - Part 11 TI PDF file (633 KB)
Compliance forms (PDF or Excel) and Attachment L
- Lighting compliance forms (Building Area Method) PDF file (890 KB)
- Lighting compliance forms (Space by Space Method) PDF file (656 KB)
- Lighting Compliance Document Excel file (794 KB)
- Attachment L (inspection stage) PDF file (124 KB)
Section 11 - Energy Cost Budget
- Energy cost budget information sheet PDF file (143 KB)
- Energy cost budget modeling output PDF file (281 KB)