Northeast False Creek will serve as a major arts and culture destination.
The plan will provide city-serving programming opportunities and be responsive to a growing neighbourhood.
It will contribute to the overlapping needs of the Downtown Eastside’s cultural communities, creating an accessible and inclusive neighbourhood.
- Establish a series of connected, accessible, and flexible public spaces
- Meaningful cultural recognition and integration
- Partner to secure affordable arts and cultural spaces, for the long term, that balance neighbourhood, district, and citywide needs
- Explore opportunities to create social housing for artists with associated production space
- Create a supportive, arts-friendly regulatory environment to allow arts practice to thrive and evolve in Northeast False Creek